Sunday, January 24, 2010
The new link for the blog is http://homsic4ph.wordpress.com/
Monday, January 18, 2010
To be honest I get discouraged when I don't feel I am reaching my goals soon enough or trying hard enough. Has anyone of you ever tried to keep a new years resolution? If so you know how hard it is just to stick to something most of the time let alone achieve a lofty goal set for yourself!
- If you could be doing anything in the world with your life what would it be?
- What are you doing this day to make this happen?
Go to the comment section at the bottom of this post and let me know what your dreams are!
Writing your dream down will be the first step to taking action to make your dream a reality. Thanks for your participation!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
What if we could live like the third world and earn money in the first? Do you realize that most of the worlds families are poor by our standards but in other ways they have some tremendous advantages!
- First they as a rule have almost no debt! Wrap your mind around that concept! If they have no money then they are "broke". If they earn a little money then they actually have a net worth! Most Americans don't have a positive net worth.
- Second they spend more time with their families! They are not always in a mad rush to go here and to get there! They may be poor but I know for a fact that they enjoy life more than the average westerner.
- They live in reality: When it is cold outside, they feel it. When it is hot they experience it. If it rains for three to five months they have to deal with it. My experience in the third world is mainly from visiting the Philippines. Every time I go I am always home sick to go back. Since the 60's and 70's we have "progressed" to the point that we no longer feel things like hunger, the elements.
If we could cut our lifestyle and expenses back so that we were not financing everything we have we would be much less stressed. If you have a house in the Philippines, you own it. People around the world believe we are rich because we live in large houses and drive nice cars. If they only knew the load of debt that the average American carries they would pass out!
I'm just saying that we could live a completely different life if we chose to! Can you imagine living without debt and your paycheck was your own? What a liberating feeling that would be! If you owned everything you possessed and had been collecting paychecks for even a short time and then suffered a job loss, it wouldn't be that big of a deal!
I have been pondering this possibility for several months now and am coming up with a plan to implement it in my personal life. I will let you know of my progress.